by Jean-Pierre van Regenmortel
I used Gunze Sangyos FS 36375 for the whole body. the tigerstripes were freehand airbrushed with a modified Badger 100, and with a mixture from Gunzes FS 36118 and extra dark seagray. I used my pics for reference, because Trumpeters paint layout isn't correct. The dark stripes were "pointed" on the real model, and not "rounded" like Trumpeters plan.after painting. The model was decalled (no problems, very nice decals) and then varnished with Model Air.the main rotor section received some wiring and metal paints from Testors.on the box they used the rocket pods, but on the KBs static plane, there were fuel tanks on the wings, so I used them also. One serious missing part in the box are the flares boxes on the underside of the tail, and now waiting for the new upcoming Mil 17 from Trumpeter.
© Jean-Pierre van Regenmortel 2004