by Jean-Pierre van Regenmortel
THE TIGERSTRIPED HIND
I started building, the cargo
room and cockpit were a little bit to basic, and some detailling was
necessary, especially the small gangway between the cockpit and cargoroom
needed attention. A wall with racks was builded from plastic strips
and copperwire (for the right side of the gangway) and the left side
was a flat wall maded with plastic strips also. these material was
also used for detailling the cargo room. I decided to keep the right
door open, so the left side was only scratched.(pics 1,3,4)
After this was done, i made
some copper protection wires for the switches in the cockpit area.
Then it was time for paints. I took the Testors Russian interior blue/green
(2135) and flat black for the cockpit, and Tamiya XF25 for the cargoroom.before
I began painting the panels, a wash from raw umber oil paint was applied
to give the areas a more "used" look.(pics 2,5,6,7,8)
So, the "heaviest"
work was done, assembling from the main hull and wings goes without
any problems, and he's ready now for the tigerpaint.
In part 2 you will see the painting results and the minor corrections you have to made for the Hind that was on the static.
© Jean-Pierre van Regenmortel 2004