Combat 1/32 F-80C
By Larry Hawkins
I've been sitting on this Combat kit for over 8 months, if I didn't build it, it would be collecting dust! Here are a few things I added to give it the Korean War era look.
- 1/72nd wheels and tires from the Monogram B-36 someone sent me on request
- Gear legs and nose gear are from the Hasegawa F-86 kit, same for the nose wheel and tire
- Pitol tube under the nose is from the MiG Killer kit
- Bombs are from the Monogram P-51D kit, fuse lines were added
- Canopy is from the Revell P-47D and the windscreen is from the Hawker Hunter kit
- Rockets are from the Revell P-38 kit
- Cockpit set is from CAM, it's the F-86 set, it comes close to the photos I have of the F-80C
- Paint is from a can of Du-Pont colors and the shaded areas is from a bottle and hand painted
- I gave it a black acrylic wash, wiped it down and waxed it
- Decals are from the stash I have and the red stripe is auto stripping tape
- It was a quick build and took two weeks to finish. If you want more info, give me a shout.
© Larry Hawkins 2003
This article was published on Friday, September 27 2013; Last modified on Saturday, May 14 2016