Trumpeter 1/32 FM-2 Wildcat
By Steve Oakson
This the Trumpeter F4F-3 kit that has been converted to a FM-2.
In order to do this the following details were changed or added:
- the engine was changed to a 9 cylinder engine used on this variant
- new broad propeller blades were added
- engine nacelle was modified to the short chord type used on the FM-2
- new exhaust exits were added
- rudder and fin were modified to the taller style of this variant
- details on the wings were changed to reflect a 4 gun arrangement. Changes made to gun covers again to reflect a 4 gun wing instead 6 guns
- brake lines added
- Tamiya and Model Master paints used for Tricolor scheme. Weathering done to reflect damage from the Pacific environment.
Decals from extras box.
© Steve Oakson 2015
This article was published on Wednesday, June 24 2015; Last modified on Wednesday, June 24 2015