Revell 1/32 Messerschmitt Bf 109G-10 Erla
By Tolga Ulgur
This is 1/32 Revell Messerschmitt Bf 109G-10 Erla finished with the markings of “Green 7” from 11./JG300. Prague-Kbely in May 1945.
New Revell Erla-built G-10 is a nice kit but it needs some correction and modification. Construction started from the cockpit as usual. I have used Aires cockpit set. Components painted to RLM 66. The fuel line that runs along the starboard sidewall is provided as a clear part by Revell and it is using in Aires set.
Due to lack of detail on the air scoops, I decided to replace them with Barracudacast cooling scoops.
Other modification and corrections are:
- Barracudacast Exhausts
- Reinforcement strips on the surface of the wings and horizontal tails are deleted.
- Barracudacast Oil Cooler Fairing
- Moving surfaces (ailerons and elevators) are replaced by the corrected parts from Alley cat set due to overdone large disks on the surface
- Eduard Brassin undercarriage leg set
- Barracudacast Bf 109G-10 and K-4 Prop and Spinner
- Barracudacast Bf 109G-10 and Bf 109K-4 Main wheels
Painting made with Gunze Sangyo acrylics. Upper surfaces painted to RLM83 except for the engine cowling. Engine cowling painted to RLM75/RLM74/RLM76.
Lower surfaces painted natural metal color by using Alclad metalizers.
Decals are from Barracuda decals BC32145 Erla Bf 109 G-10s part 2.
Thanks to Anders Hjortsberg for his help on camouflage color.
© Tolga Ulgur 2015
This article was published on Sunday, August 23 2015; Last modified on Sunday, August 23 2015