Trumpeter 1/32 F6F-5 Hellcat
By Matt Wohlford
This is my 1/32 F6F-5 Hellcat. It has its issues - but to me - it still looks like a Hellcat.
- Montex masks & markings
- Barracuda Wheels
- Master covered metal gun barrels
- Airscale instrument dial decals
- Prop & rear landing gear from Hasegawa Hellcat kit
- EZ Line antenna wire (amazing stuff!)
- Modelmaster enamel paints.
I tried to give it some character with a lighter colored wash (white and yellow mix). Also post shaded some panels & varied the final finish using both a semi gloss clear and flat clear. Not much in form of chipping as I hear the GSB finished were pretty tough. The weathering may be over done to the purist, but I'm overall pleased with it.
© Matt Wohlford 2015
This article was published on Thursday, September 03 2015; Last modified on Tuesday, April 26 2016