Hasegawa 1/32 P-47D "Slick Chick"
By Rick Kranias
Hasegawa's P-47D Bubble Top was used for Frank Perego's mount "Slick Chick". Overall a sound kit and fun build with only issue being having to lower the engine mount by about 1mm. See my build log. My build is a P47D-25RA (note Hamilton Standard prop) with “retro/field fitted” bomb racks compression flaps and fin fillet.
- Alclad II - various shades
- Gunze and Vallejo used throughout
- Flory's Wash
- Thinned brown & black wash followed by Alclad II Semi Matte overall
- MiG pigments for dirt, exhaust, powder burns on blast tubes and ordnance weathering
- Added various wires & plumbing in R2800, cockpit, wheel wells, landing gear and bombs
- Aftermarket items Eduard bomb fins/belts, Hasegawa brass blast tubes, Barracuda wheels
- Scratch built the M10 bazookas, K14 glass, oxygen hose, fuel lines on drop tank and static wire
With flaws too numerous to mention this build yielded some great lessons as my skill-sets continue to evolve. Thank you all for your encouragement and support during this build. My new photo table used for these pics.
© Rick Kranias 2015
This article was published on Friday, November 06 2015; Last modified on Wednesday, March 09 2016