HpH Models 1/32 Macchi M.5
By Mike Norris
Here is the completed resin WW1 Macchi M.5 fighter sea plane in 1:32nd scale (HpH Models).
Macchi M.5, Serial No.7288 as flown by Tenente Vascello Alberto Bartolozzo, Officer Commanding No.260a Squadriglia, operating from Saint Andrea Seaplane Station near Venice during 1918
Manufacturer: HPH Models (Resin - HPH 32035R)
Type: Macchi M.5
- Paints/Weathering: Tamiya, Mr. Colour, Flory clay washes and AK weathering washes
- Aftermarket: Taurus Models, Shapeways, RB Motion, HGW Models, PART, Allarmi and Coastal Kits
- Decals from kit, Airscale and Aviattic
- Propeller from ProperPlane
- Rigging: Gaspatch turnbuckles with micro tube brass, nickel/silver and rod from Albion Alloys. Rigging wires from monofilament (0.12 mm diameter)
- Engine ignition leads: Created using fine lead wire
- Display case and plaque: Made by on-line specialists
- Scratch built struts, cockpit detail and engine detail.
For more information on the build, check out my Work in Progress.
As usual a full and detailed build log in PDF format will also be available from my website.
© Mike Norris 2020
This article was published on Saturday, May 16 2020; Last modified on Monday, May 18 2020