1/32 Tamiya Spitfire Mk.IXc
By Tolga Ulgur
This is my 1/32 Tamiya Spitfire Mk IXc finished with the markings of PT396 / EJ-C flown by Wg. Cdr. Jack Charles RCAF, OC Tangmare Wing in August 1944.
The construction started with the cockpit as usual. The components are painted to RAF interior green. Cockpit area built out of the box.
The painting was done with Gunze Sangyo and Tamiya acrylics. Camouflage scheme is Ocean grey + Dark green over Medium sea grey. I used Tamiya acrylics to paint D Day bands.
The replacements and modifications are:
- C wing - Hispano 20mm cannons from Master Model
- Resin Cockpit Door from BarracudaCast
- Mk.IX 4-Slot main Resin wheels from BarracudaCast
- Decals and stencils from my spare box
- Lead wire for detailing engine
After some weathering it’s finished by applying a matt coat from Gunze Sangyo.
Istanbul – TURKEY
© 2012 Tolga Ulgur
This article was published on Tuesday, February 28 2012; Last modified on Saturday, May 14 2016