Airframe Extra No 2: The Korean War - The First Jet versus Jet Air Battles
Information supplied by Mark Peacock
Valiant Wings Publishing continue to add more value for the avid aviation enthusiast and scale modeller with the next title in the Airframe Extra series, The Korean War-The First Jet versus Jet Air Battles.
Many active scale modellers like to build subjects based on a theme or historical event. This brand new series looks at specific areas and events in the history of aerial warfare. Each title covers the history and timelines, detail of the protagonists, period photographs and superb colour artwork from Richard J Caruana. Specific kit builds in all three major scales (1/72nd, 1/48th and 1/32nd) from Dani Zamarbide, Steve A. Evans and Libor Jekl commemorate each event that that we cover.
Each title is A4 in size, a minimum of 84 pages with gloss laminated covers and retails at £7.95 per copy. Available direct from Valiant Wings Publishing or from all good specialist bookshops.
- Publication late July
- ISBN 978-0-9930908-2-0
- Cover price £7.95
- Covers the air conflict over Korea from 25th June 1950 to 27th July 1953
- Concise historical narrative by aviation author Patrick Branly
- Numerous period images
- Over 70 Full colour profiles by Richard J Caruana
- Specially commissioned kit builds:
- Italeri 1/32nd F-86F Sabre, Special Hobby 1/48 Firefly FR Mk 5 and Italeri 1/48th F7F Tigercat by Steve Evans
- Eduard 1/72nd MiG-15 and Special Hobby 1/72nd Seafire Mk 47by Libor Jekl
Orders can be placed via our website or by calling +44 (0) 1234 273434 or by writing to:
Valiant Wings Publishing
8 West Grove
- The Battle of Britain – Our Finest Hour
- The Battle of Taranto – Judgement Day
This article created on Thursday, July 02 2015; Last modified on Thursday, July 02 2015