Airframe Extra No 7-The Suez Crisis-Empire’s End
Information supplied by Mark Peacock
Valiant Wings Publishing is about to produce the seventh title in the much-acclaimed Airframe Extra series: The Suez Crisis: Empire’s End.
Many active scale modellers like to build subjects based on a theme or historical event. This series looks at specific areas and events in the history of aerial warfare. Each title covers the history and timelines, detail of the protagonists, period photographs and superb colour artwork from Richard J Caruana. Specific kit builds in all three major scales (1/72nd, 1/48th and 1/32nd) from Steve A. Evans and Libor Jekl commemorate each event that we cover.
Each title is A4 in size, 64-80 pages with laminated covers. Available direct from Valiant Wings Publishing (www.valiant-wings.co.uk) or from all good specialist bookshops.
Airframe Extra No.7: The Suez Crisis: Empire’s End
- Publication early April
- 64-80 pages in full colour
- ISBN: 978-0-9935345-7-7
- Cover price £9.95
- Covers the historical background prior to the conflict and aerial operations by all sides from 28th October to the ceasefire on 7th November 1956
- Historical narrative by Steve A. Evans
- Numerous period images
- Colour profiles by Richard J Caruana
- Specially commissioned kit builds:
- 1/48th Meteor NF Mk 13 (Classic Airframes), N.A. P-51D (Hasegawa) and Republic RF-84F Thunderstreak (Tan Model) by Steve A. Evans
- 1/72nd Meteor F Mk 8 (Xtrakits), Sea Hawk FGA Mk 6 (HobbyBoss) and Piper Cub (Kovozávody Prostejov) by Libor Jekl and 1/72nd Il-28 Beagle (Trumpeter) by Steve A. Evans
Orders can be placed via our website www.valiant-wings.co.uk or by calling +44 (0) 1234 273434 or by writing to:
Valiant Wings Publishing
8 West Grove
This article created on Tuesday, March 14 2017; Last modified on Tuesday, March 14 2017