Airframe & Miniature No 4-The Hawker Tempest is Coming Back
Information supplied by Mark Peacock
I am delighted to announce the revised and expanded edition of our fourth title in the ever-popular Airframe & Miniature series, The Hawker Tempest – A Complete Guide To The RAF’s Last Piston Engine Fighter by Richard A. Franks.
This fourth book in our much-acclaimed series is back by popular demand after a long absence and will now contain at least 160 pages packed with vital information that no active modeller and Tempest enthusiast should be without.
The book will contain:
- Over 40 pages of technical information
- Over 20 pages of walkaround images and technical diagrams
- Over 5 pages of camouflage and markings
- Over 25 pages of model builds and modelling information
- Over 200 photographs including wartime images
- Colour side views and four-views by Richard Caruana
- 3D isometric views of all variants by Jacek Jackiewicz
- New front cover by Jerry Boucher
- 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32 scale full kit builds by Libor Jekl, Steve Evans and John Wilkes, including builds of the new tool 1/48 Eduard Tempest V Srs 1 and 1/32 Special Hobby Tempest V kits
As with prior titles a full set of fold-out 1/48 scale plans will be included.
RRP will be £18.95 per copy.
ISBN is 978-1-912932-01-6. We are aiming for publication in late February. Orders can be placed at www.valiant-wings.co.uk, by ‘phone at +44 (0)1234 273434 or by writing to:
Valiant Wings Publishing
8 West Grove
The Hawker Tempest – A Complete Guide To The RAF’s Last Piston Engine Fighter by Richard A. Franks is also available from good specialist bookstores and hobby shops.
Special pre-order offer:
Order before February 28th and save £1.00 on cover price and £2.00 on postage and packing!
This article created on Friday, February 08 2019; Last modified on Friday, February 08 2019