Airframe Constructor - A brand new Series of books from Valiant Wings Publishing
Information supplied by Mark Peacock
Valiant Wings Publishing, publishers of the popular Airframe & Miniature and Airframe Album series of books are pleased to announce the brand new Airframe Constructor series.
This new range of books will provide active aviation enthusiasts with a comprehensive series of modelling masterclasses in print and will be of particular interest to builders of large scale aircraft subjects.
Our first title, ‘Building The North American P-51D Mustang’ will cover construction and finishing of the 1/32nd scale Zoukei-Mura kit in forensic detail but in a manner which demystifies the whole process of building such a complex kit. Author of this first title in this exciting new series is Daniel Zamarbide.
Anyone who has studied Daniel Zamarbide’s in-depth build articles for Model Airplane International will be familiar with his unsurpassed standards of construction. In this book Daniel will take modellers through how to get the best out of the plastic in the box, with step-by-step demonstrations on creating the perfect model through every stage. Although specific to the Zoukei-Mura P-51D Mustang, the techniques employed will have relevance to any modeller looking to put new skills within reach, whatever their preferred scale. Everyone should have this series by their workbench.
Each Airframe Constructor will contain at least 68 pages of all the information needed to make the very best of your large scale kit investment. ‘Building The North American P-51D Mustang’ will contain:
- Detailed description of what you get in the box
- 5 pages covering preparation
- 36 pages on construction from start to finish including detailing and painting & weathering
- 8 pages of walk-around images of the real aircraft, including diagrams from the Flight Manual
- 5 pages of colour profiles by Richard J. Caruana
- 1-2 pages of additional references and available decal sheets
- 1 page of details on additional accessories produced by Zoukei-Mura for their Mustang kit
Airframe Constructor No 1 - Building the North American P-51D Mustang by Daniel Zamarbide will retail at only £11.95 per copy + postage and packing, and will be available from all good hobby stores and specialist bookshops. Publication is scheduled for mid-late September 2013.
Pre-orders can be made via the Valiant Wings website, www.valiant-wings.co.uk, by ‘phone on 01234 273434 (+44 1234 273434 if calling from outside the UK) or by writing to:
Valiant Wings Publishing
8 West Grove
SPECIAL PRE-ORDER OFFERS!
- Anyone directly pre-ordering a copy from Valiant Wings Publishing before 1st September 2013 will be entered into a prize draw to win a superb Zoukei-Mura 1/32nd scale P-51D kit PLUS Zoukei-Mura P-51D extra detail parts!
- Half price shipping for all orders placed directly with Valiant Wings Publishing before 1st September 2013!
This article created on Monday, August 12 2013; Last modified on Monday, August 12 2013