Victory Models | VPD32006: F-104s Part 1
Reviewed by LSP_Paul
I was lucky enough to be chosen to review the two new F-104 sheets from Victory Models, and I have to say I am VERY thankful for that. These new sheets were designed to fit the Italeri 1/32 F-104 but should also fit Hasegawa, Revell, and AFV Club's announced F-104 model as well.
These two new sheets are beautiful! The research and artwork are detailed to a standard that would be impressive in any scale but really shines in 32nd scale. The printing is top notch and done by Cartograf with extremely crisp details and very thin and minimal carrier film. The colors on the various multi-color decals are thin and opaque, very well saturated and defined.
The subjects of the decal sheets are interesting and present a wide variety of the F-104's markings throughout its USAF and NASA Career, there is a even a US Navy version from China Lake Weapons Test squadron! If you are looking for a decal set or two to liven up your Hasegawa or Italeri F-104, either of these sheets could dramatically improve your models outward appearance. Highly recommended!
VPD-32006 contains markings for the following aircraft:
- F-104A-10-LO, 56-0749 AFFTC Edwards AFB, 1959
- QF-104A-5-LO, 56-0747 3205th Drone Squadron, Eglin AFB, 1970
- QF-104A, 55-2957 AFFTC Edwards AFB, 1960
- F-104N, NASA 913, Dryden FTC Edwards AFB, 1966. Flown by Joe Walker for a photo-shoot of the XB-70 Valkyrie. This aircraft got caught in the wing tip vortex of the bomber which caused it to veer into the XB-70 and both aircraft were lost. Pilot Joe Walker and XB-70 copilot Carl Cross died in the accident.
- YF-104A, N818NA, Dryden FTC Edwards AFB, 1971
- F-104C-5-LO, 56-0929, 198th FIS, Puerto Rico ANG, 1972
Thank you to Bob at Victory Models for the review sample!
© LSP_Paul 2014
This review was published on Tuesday, September 16 2014; Last modified on Tuesday, April 26 2016