FCM Decals | 32023: MiG-3
Reviewed by Rato Marczak
This FCM Decals sheet comes to help modelers interested in nicely camouflaged MiG-3s in 1/32 scale. The Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-3 was in important fighter of Russia during the first years of war. It was produced from 1940 up to 1942, with 3272 being manufactured. The MiG-3 was one of the mounts of Aleksandr Pokryshkin, the third highest ranking Allied ace of the war.
There not many decal options available for the Trumpeter MiG-3, and this sheet comes to rescue. It allows the modeler to decorate no less than six different aircraft (there are red stars for four):
- Overall Dark Green/Light Blue from 7th IAP, 1943
- Dark Green/Medium Green/Light Blue from 7th IAP, 1943
- Dark Green/Dark Sand/Light Blue with Black outlines from 6th IAP, 1943
- Dark Green/Black/Light Blue from unknown unit, 1942
- Dark Green/Medium Green/Light Blue from unknown unit, 1942
- Overall White /Light Blue from 27th IAP, 1941/42
FCM decals are printed by Microscale from USA, so you can expect perfect register and saturation, as was my sample. The instructions are six easy to read pages, with nice diagrams and drawings. There are no stencils in this sheet, and I am not sure the real thing had. Federal Standard color calls are used as reference.
For the record, Hannants carries most decals from FCM catalogue.
© Rato Marczak 2019
This review was published on Friday, April 19 2019; Last modified on Friday, April 19 2019