Kagero | Mini Top Colors 20 - In Defence of the Reich
Reviewed by Erik Lind
Kagero continues its series of Mini TopColor. This time they cover 8 aircraft used for the defence of the reich. The topics covered are three Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6, one Messerschmitt Bf 109G-14, two Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-7 and two Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-8. The booklet shows each of the 8 aircraft in both left and right side views as well as a top/bottom view. The artwork is of excellent quality and each aircraft's particular paint scheme is covered in the text.
Included are the following aircraft:
- Bf 109G-6 - Yellow 5 of 9/JG 11, Oldenburg, Summer 1943
- Bf 109G-6/R6 - Red 12 of 2/JG 300 flown by Fw Horst John, Bonn-Hangelar, September 1943
- Bf 109G-6 - JG 1, flown by Obstlt Herbert Ihlefeld, Gruhno, Autumn 1944
- Bf 109G-14/AS - White 1 of 10/JG 300, Juterbog-Waldlager, Autumn 1944
- Fw 190A-7 - White 8 of 4/JG 1, flown by Uffz Heinz Eberl, Rheine, Spring 1944
- Fw 190A-7 - White 7 of 7/JG11, flown by Ofw Siegfried Zick, Oldenburg, March 1944
- Fw 190A-8 - Yellow 7 of 3/JG 1, flown by Ofhr Walter Koehne, Bad Lippspringe, May 1944
- Fw 190A-8 - Yellow 17 of 6/JG 300, flown by Gfr Ludwig Sauter, Loebnitz, November 1944
Decals provided are printed by Cartograf and are very thin and in excellent register. Decals provided are for all 8 aircraft in the 3 major scales (1/32, 1/48 and 1/72) which provides the potential of building 24 aircraft from one decal sheet.
The builder will need to use the stenciling and nationality markings from the original kit since those are not supplied on the decal sheet.
Thanks to Kagero for the review sample.
© Erik Lind
This product is available from the following LSP sponsors
This review was published on Saturday, July 02 2011; Last modified on Wednesday, May 18 2016