Airscale | PE32 GSV Cockpit Upgrade Messerschmitt Bf 109 G2/G4
Reviewed by Iain Ogilvie
Following on from the release of the excellent detail sets in their new Airscale PRO range of etched and 3D printed enhancements for the Trumpeter 1:32 Douglas Devastator, we have a selection of new detail parts to improve the current Revell 1:32 Messerschmitt Bf109 - specifically the G2 and G4 variants.
Neatly packaged in a ziploc bag, the quality of the set is very much to the high standards we have come to expect from Airscale, with another beautifully designed 'Pilots Notes' instruction card.
The set is more than just the main panel and includes:
- Instrument Panel upgrade
- Sidewall Switchpanel, Rudder pedals, correct cockpit floor fitting, trim wheels
- Detailed upper deck & Rear bulkhead
- Detailed seat bulkhead
- Full canopy framing, details & head armour to skin the kit transparencies
- Parts included to build centre canopy hood with three simple clear card sheets (acetate & template provided)
- Detailed U/C bay liner and simulated fabric dust covers
- U/C door skins
- All radiator faces with honeycomb mesh
- Full colour instrument & placard decals printed separately
A single Nickel Silver etch fret is provided, with each component sharply rendered and beautifully done.
A full set of instrument and cockpit placard decals, printed by Fantasy Printshop, are provided and these are clean and sharply printed - they will give a better result than any pre-printed photo etch.
A single sheet of clear material is provided, along with a printed cutting template, to make the canopy glazings and to sandwich between the instrument panel and the decal backing.
Another beautifully executed set that will dress up the Revell 109 kits nicely!
Very highly recommended.
The set is available direct from Airscale.
Review set courtesy of Airscale.
© Iain Ogilvie 2023
This review was published on Saturday, November 04 2023; Last modified on Sunday, November 05 2023